What we collect and why we need it
You look to us to offer responsible, reliable financial services and value-added advice. Collecting current, accurate personal information allows us to provide you with the best possible financial advice, as well as products and services you may find valuable.
To this end, Outlook Financial, our parent company Assiniboine Credit Union and our affiliates and partners in the Canadian Credit Union system collect, use or disclose your personal information to:
- verify your identity.
- provide you with the products and services you request.
- determine what products or services may benefit you.
- develop, offer, manage and provide products and services that meet your needs.
- determine your eligibility for products and services.
- detect and prevent fraud, and to help safeguard your and our financial interests.
- respond to lawful requests for information about you.
- meet those purposes we may indicate on our website, or otherwise communicate with you.
- meet our regulatory requirements.
- carry out any other purpose that you authorize or that is required or permitted by law.
The information we request depends on the product or service you want. Much of the personal information we ask for is either mandatory by law or vital for us to be able to do business with you. Here are a few examples where you must provide us with specific personal information in order to obtain the product or service you want.
Social Insurance Number (SIN)
In order to comply with the Canada Revenue Agency's income reporting requirements, we must collect your SIN when you open a savings account or apply for an RRSP, RRIF or TFSA or other product that earns investment income.
Date of Birth
Knowing your birth date helps us identify you and reduces the risk if someone is trying to impersonate you.
Transfer of Personal Information to Service Providers Outside Canada
We may engage service providers to assist us in fulfilling the purposes that are set out in this Agreement, and in some instances, these service providers may be located outside Canada. We only select service providers that protect personal information in a manner that is comparable to the protection we provide under our own privacy policies. Please be advised that personal information may be subject to, and accessed under, the laws of the countries in which our service providers operate. If you have any questions about our transfer of personal information to our service providers outside Canada, or if you would like to learn more about our privacy policies in that regard, please contact our Privacy Officer.