Safeguarding your personal information
We have comprehensive security safeguards and standards in place to protect our systems and your personal information against unauthorized access and use.
- Outlook Financial is a division of Assiniboine Credit Union, and all employees are familiar with procedures that safeguard member personal information. The protection of your personal information is specified in our employment agreements and regularly confirmed in writing.
- Every employee is required to pass an annual privacy training course.
- We audit our procedures and security measures regularly to ensure that they are properly administered and remain effective and appropriate.
- We retain your information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected or as required by law. Depending on the product or service and the nature of the personal information, this period may extend beyond your relationship with us but only as long as it is legally necessary.
- When your personal information is no longer needed, we have procedures in place to securely destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
- Our systems ensure your Personal Identification Number (PIN), password and other access codes are kept private and confidential. For example, when you use your PIN at an ATM, the code is scrambled after you enter it. In addition, only you know your access codes. Our employees can’t find out what they are and will not ask you to reveal them
- When you enrol in Internet services such as online banking, the passwords you use are encrypted to ensure data security.
- As part of their contracts with us, our suppliers and agents have confidentiality agreements in place and may not use your personal information for unauthorized purposes.
- We ensure all legal enquiries or orders are valid and disclose only the personal information required or permitted by law to be disclosed.