What we collect and why we need it
You look to us to offer responsible, reliable financial services and value-added advice. Collecting current, accurate information allows us to provide you with the best possible financial advice, and products and services you may find valuable.
To this end, Outlook Financial and our partners in the Canadian Credit Union System collect, use or disclose your personal information to:
- provide you with services you request
- determine what products or services would benefit you
- develop, offer, manage and provide products and services that meet your needs
- determine what products or services you are eligible for
- determine your financial situation
- promote our services to you
- safeguard your financial interests by detecting and preventing fraud
- share with credit bureaus and other financial institutions when your credit history is required
- meet legal, regulatory and employment requirements
We may ask for information by telephone, mail or Internet. The information we request depends on the product or service you want. Much of the information we ask for is either mandatory by law or vital for us to be able to do business with you. Here are a few examples where you must provide us with specific information in order to obtain the product or service you want.
Social Insurance Number (SIN)
In order to comply with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency's income reporting requirements, we must collect your SIN when you open a savings account or apply for an RRSP or other product that earns investment income.
Date of Birth
Knowing your birth date helps us identify you and reduces the risk of someone trying to impersonate you.