Safeguarding your information
We have thorough and comprehensive security safeguards and standards in place to protect our systems and your information against unauthorized access and use.
- All Outlook employees are familiar with procedures that safeguard member information. The protection of your information is specified in our employment agreements and regularly confirmed in writing.
- Every employee is required to pass a training course on privacy every year.
- We audit our procedures and security measures regularly to ensure that they are properly administered and remain effective and appropriate.
- We retain your information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. Depending on the product or service and the nature of the information, this period may extend beyond your relationship with us but only as long as it is legally necessary. When your information is no longer needed, we have procedures in place to destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
- Our systems ensure your Personal Identification Number (PIN), password and other access codes are kept private and confidential. For example, when you use your PIN at an automated teller machine, the code is scrambled after you enter it. In addition, only you know your access codes – our employees can’t find out what they are and will not ask you to reveal them
- When you enrol in online services such as CU@HOME Internet banking, the passwords you use are encrypted to ensure data security.
- As part of their contracts with us, our suppliers and agents have confidentiality agreements in place and may not use your information for unauthorized purposes.
- We ensure all legal enquiries or orders are valid and disclose only the information required by law.